ASO/MedSpec CMC Thumb Support
- The CMC Thumb Support aids in the treatment of arthritis and instability of the CMC (carpometacarpal) joint
- The unique design of the internal padded stay in combination with the outer elasticstrap provides focal compression at the base of the thumb and helps stabilize the CMC joint
- The CMC Thumb Support provides this functional stabilization without restricting the use of the thumb in pinching or grasping objects
- Make sure to take the measurement at your wrist. Watch Video if you have any questions about location.
- For moderate/severe CMC arthritis
- Instability of the CMC
- Focal compression at the base of the thumb
- Maximum support
- Prevent thumb CMC instability
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve thumb function
- Maintain flexibility
I was having a hard time finding my usual thumb brace when I found these. Ordered a pair and am glad I did. They are not the firm slightly longer support of the other, but they are perfect for around the house and computer support. The chat screen guy was excellent in helping me figure out what to get. thanks!
This has given me the support I need to be able to perform necessary functions - working on the computer, cooking, etc. Thank you!
The CMC brace looked just right for my active life. I had surgery to repair TFCC and learned that nothing can be done for CMC arthritis other than steroids or fusion. I am active, biking and gardening, household chores. The Velcro on the brace barely holds together. The strap used to fasten is more stiff than stretchy, which makes it hard to get a custom fit. Sorry to say I will need to return it and buy a more expensive model.
Wearing braces supports my thumbs to where I can more actively do the things I need to get done
Brace was ok but did not give the right kind of support I needed.