Breg FastForm Thumb Spica Multifunctional Orthosis (TSMO)
Breg FastForm is an emerging pioneer in fracture management, revolutionizing the quality of treatment over the current standard. FastForm products are custom-moldable, providing an individualized fit and superior comfort. The PolytrexX™ polymer is designed to mold perfectly to the patient’s anatomy. The integrated DermaWick™ liner wicks moisture away from the skin, minimizes irritation and allows patients to swim and shower. FastForm allows patients the freedom to carry out daily activities with greater comfort and minimal disruptions.
- Moldability: PolyTrexX polymer is custom moldable, strong, lightweight and can be re-molded.
- Breathable and Water-Friendly: The integrated DermaWick liner wicks moisture away from the skin, keeping the limb dry and increasing comfort with reduced itch and odor. Patients are able to shower and swim while wearing the orthosis.
- Volumetric Adjustability: Circumferential strap design allows compensation for swelling or muscle atrophy throughout the healing process.
- Ease of Removal: FastForm can be removed without the patient having to move their injured arm. No cast saw is required.
- Compliance-Minded: Compliance lock strap deters unauthorized removal.
- Radiolucent: FastForm does not need to be removed for X-rays.
- Rehabilitation Use: An integrated hinge allows FastForm products to be converted into a rehab splint that can be reapplied for continued support.
- SKU Management: Flat-packed, single piece medical product. Two sizes satisfy the typical patient population.
- Environmentally Conscious: PolyTrexX is 85% biodegradable.
The TSMO includes the benefit of an integrated thumb spica. This brace is well suited for specialized needs that require additional stabilization of the bones and joints around and including the thumb.
Common Examples of Use
- Injuries of the thumb, first metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint, first carpometacarpal (CMC) joint, wrist and forearm, including:
○ Typical fractures
○ Sprains and strains
○ Post-operative use
○ Cumulative trauma injuries
○ Pain management and tendonitis
○ Salter-Harris pediatric injuries
This item can only be shipped to a physician/professional fitter