DonJoy UltraSling III ER Arm SlingDonJoy UltraSling III ER Arm Sling is used after initial anterior shoulder dislocation or post operatively when external rotation is desired.
The anterior part of the capsule hangs loosely during internal rotation and the labrum is able to displace medially.
In external rotation, the subscapularis tendon tightens thus closing the anterior joint cavity and helping the labrum maintain a good position on the glenoid rim.
- 15° and 30° versions to suit your protocol
- Comfortable foam pillow for patient compliance
- De-rotational shoulder strap to keep product in place
- Quick release buckles make it easy to take on and off
- Popular UltraSling materials and adjustable straps for patient comfort
- Four sizes in left and right versions to suit your patients needs
IndicationsDonJoy UltraSling III ER Arm Sling is is indicated for protocols involving immobilization in external rotation
- Initial anterior glenohumeral dislocation/subluxation
- Capsular shifts
- Use after posterior shoulder repair
- Postoperative Bankart procedures
- Soft tissue strains/repairs
- Post operative positioning after release of severe anterior capsule contracture
- Adhesive Capsulitis release/manipulation
- Increase activity
- Delay surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life