DonJoy Exos Boxer's Fracture Brace
Used to stabilize fractures to the 4th and/or 5th metacarpal (MC) bones, and also provides stabilization to the 4th and 5th interphalangeal and wrist joints. May be used for metacarpal (MC) head/neck fracture of the 4th and/or 5th metacarpal. Does not contain latex.
- The ability to thermoform and custom fit the Brace to the patient's extremity ensures a comfortable fit
- Dorsal hook-and-loop secure tab allows the practitioner to secure the over-lapping (top) portion of brace to better manage brace stability
- Hook-and-loop fastener straps across the web space and around the 4th and 5th digits can be attached anywhere to the surface of the brace for better stability and greater comfort
- Finger section can be trimmed (as directed by the physician) to accommodate desired range of motion
- BOA Closure System allows for quick adjustment in circumferential compression and can be locked with BOA Locking Ring
This BFB is used to stabilize fractures to the 4th and/or 5th metacarpal (MC) bones and the respective metacarpal-phalangeal (MCP) joints of the hand. The ulnar gutter portion of the BFB allows the caregiver to achieve greater than 70° of flexion at the MCP joints of the 4th and 5th digits..
- 4th & 5th metacarpal immobilization
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve digital joint function
- Easy application