Chattanooga PresSsion 652-8 Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Pump
Chattanooga Group is offering a new line of PresSsion compression therapy systems, the 651-4 and the 652-8.
Edema management with the press of a button
The simple, effective way to relieve swelling caused by lymphedema The Chattanooga PresSsion lymphedema pump has been redesigned to provide sequential pneumatic compression, helping to reduce limb swelling as part of an effective edema management plan. Sequential compression is a proven treatment to reduce edema, resulting in improved patient comfort, mobility and activity levels.
In the clinic and at home, PresSsion effectively treats edema in the arms and legs with gentle, gradient pressure that removes fluid trapped beneath the skin with massage-like therapy.
Lymphedema causes painful swelling; when the body cannot effectively process and transport lymphatic fluid through lymph vessels, high-protein fluid can collect just below the skin. That swelling can cause the body to react with additional swelling and inflammation. Left untreated, the swelling can cause scar tissue (fibrosis) as well as decreased circulation, difficult and painful movement and increased risk of infection.
- 8 individual pressure adjustable chambers
- Adjustable cycle time, distal to proximal; 20 ' 240 seconds
- Dual operation modes: gradient mode or pressure mode
- Customizable pressure from 20 ' 120 mmHg
- Ability to adjust or skip individual chamber pressures
- Automatic vacuum that drains the air from the garments for fast and easy removal after therapy
- Optional uncorking mode and focus mode
- Quick-release hose connectors allow for easy removal of the garments for cleaning as needed
- Wide variety of garment sizes, with convenient ringed zipper pull
The PresSsion™ 652-8 Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) Pump is used to treat chronic lymphatic and venous disorders of the lower extremities and chronic lymphatic disorders of the upper extremities
- Control Edema
- Intermittent pneumatic compression
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Reduce lower extremity ulcerations
- Reduce pain associated with lymphedema