The Breg FastForm Universal Gutter Multifuncitonal Orthosis (UGMO) is an all-in-one gutter fracture brace that can be used to stabilize fractures and injuries on either side of the hand and wrist, providing a better solution to treating injuries that are typically difficult to cast. The UGMO is also left / right universal and can be used on both hands.
- Moldability: PolyTrexX polymer is custom moldable, strong, lightweight and can be re-molded.
- Breathable and Water-Friendly: The integrated DermaWick liner wicks moisture away from the skin, keeping the limb dry and increasing comfort with reduced itch and odor. Patients are able to shower and swim while wearing the orthosis.
- Volumetric Adjustability: Circumferential strap design allows compensation for swelling or muscle atrophy throughout the healing process.
- Ease of Removal: FastForm can be removed without the patient having to move their injured arm. No cast saw is required.
- Compliance-Minded: Compliance lock strap deters unauthorized removal.
- Radiolucent: FastForm does not need to be removed for X-rays.
- Rehabilitation Use: An integrated hinge allows FastForm products to be converted into a rehab splint that can be reapplied for continued support.
- SKU Management: Flat-packed, single piece medical product. Two sizes satisfy the typical patient population.
- Environmentally Conscious: PolyTrexX is 85% biodegradable.
FastForm is an emerging pioneer in fracture management, revolutionizing the quality of treatment over the current standard. FastForm products are custom-moldable, providing an individualized fit and superior comfort. The PolytrexX™ polymer is designed to mold perfectly to the patient’s anatomy. The integrated DermaWick™ liner wicks moisture away from the skin, minimizes irritation and allows patients to swim and shower. FastForm allows patients the freedom to carry out daily activities with greater comfort and minimal disruptions.
Common Examples of Use
- Injuries of the hand, wrist, and forearm, including:
○ Stabilization of the metacarpals
○ Fractures such as boxer’s fractures and 2nd / 3rd metacarpal fractures
○ Sprains and strains
○ Post-operative use
○ Cumulative trauma injuries
○ Pain management and tendonitis