Bledsoe ProGait Lift Plus Walker Boot
Bledsoe ProGait Lift Plus Walker Boot contains all of the features and quality you have come to expect from Bledsoe. Bledsoe ProGait Lift Plus Walker Boot with heel wedges, Achilles lift places the foot in a plantar flexed position using wedges in the heel. As the condition improves, wedges are removed, gently stretching the Achilles tendon and relieving tension on the tendon during rehab without casting.
To walk like a shoe, you've got to fit like a shoe. Bledsoe walking boots mimic a natural shoe to create a gait that is so smooth.
Bledsoe's heel height replicates the height of a shoe ' .75 inch. The industry average heel height is about 1.44 inches. Several models place the heel as high as 1.75 inches. Higher heel placement forces the patient to walk unevenly or 'circle the foot' to step, which often leads to back pain.
Bledsoe makes the narrowest heel in the industry, at 2 inches. Other boot heels average almost 3.5 inches across. To 'accommodate swelling,' one popular model has a heel 5 inches wide. With Bledsoe's narrow heel, there is no pressure on the knee and no danger of slipping on the edge of the heel.
Bledsoe is the only boot with a slight forward cant, which mirrors our natural stance in bare feet. Major manufacturers of walker boots set their stance between neutral (0°) and -3°. To the patient, it can provide a worrisome feeling of falling backward that can be magnified when walking on inclines or stairs. Bledsoe's 3° forward stance means patients move with confidence.
To accommodate swelling and dressings, Bledsoe uses formable aluminum arms that can change with the width of the ankle without negatively affecting the gait.
- Thick foam innersole cushions the foot
- Includes two 10 heel wedges secured to the frame of the boot
- Plus liner with pneumatic quick pump or basic breathable foam bootie
- Achilles lift places the foot in a plantar flexed position using wedges in the heel
- As the condition improves, wedges are removed, gently stretching the Achilles tendon
- Relieves tension on the tendon during rehab without casting
- Pneumatic quick-pump liner encompasses the forefoot, ankle, and leg for complete immobilization and increased patient comfort
- Push-button release eases patient doffing
- Bulb placement prevents self-inflation, common with competitor models
- Pivoting forefoot straps
- Fully adjustable calf straps for ideal placement
- Strong and durable aluminum shell
For immediate application following injury or reconstruction of the Achilles tendon
- Enhanced mobility
- Patient compliance
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Comprehensive range of application
- Improved ROM