Bledsoe Philippon Post-Op Hip Brace Information
The Bledsoe Philippon Post-Op Hip Brace was developed in collaboration with Dr. Marc Philippon, MD, Director of Sports Medicine/Hip Disorders at the University of Pittsburgh. The brace limits hip flexion/extension as well as abduction and adduction in 15° increments from -30° to 105°.
The brace can also lock in any position from -30° to 60°. The post-operative or post-injury brace protects patients following total hip revisions, arthroscopic hip repairs or other hip joint surgeries, injuries or problems that can benefit from range-of-motion control.
- Can be applied in less than 3 minutes saving valuable time in the operating room
- Easily formable aluminum shells covered with a double-thick ultra-breathable polyurethane foam padding with a comfortable loop pile surface
- Three simple straps hold it securely affixed to the patient's hip and leg
This device is indicated for post-operative or post-injury use for limited range-of-motion control of hip flexion/ extension; as well as limited abduction and adduction of the hip joint following total hip revisions, arthroscopic hip repairs or other hip joint surgeries, injuries or problems that can benefit from range-of-motion control.
This device is contraindicated for controlling fractures of the femur or pelvis.
- Post-Op hip range of motion control
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease hip pain symptoms
- Improve hip joint recovery
- Improve hip surgery success