Breg Low-Top Walking Boot InformationThe Breg Lo-Top Boot is designed as a flexible and attractive alternative to casting for the mid-tibia or fibula to mid-foot area and also for second and third degree ankle sprains.
The Lo-Top is 2" shorter than the Breg Hi-Top Boot but offers similar support. The Breg EZ Set Lo-Top Boot is designed for range of motion from 20 degrees of dorsi-flexion to 40 degrees of plantar-flexion in 10 degree increments.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system that, unlike plastic boots, can be reformed to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape
- Low profile rocker bottom helps eliminate pelvic tilt and alleviate low back pain
- Fast, easy fitting saves time over complicated casting procedures
- Unique rocker design allows patients to closely simulate a near normal gait without abnormal loads on any joints
- Contains 2 layers of pads that contour to the ankle shape and support the ankle for total control
- Ultra-breathable foam wrap for maximum comfort
- Optional EZ Set hinge
- Optional pneumatic ankle support
- Optional calf cuff design or full bootie liners
- Optional mid-calf or standard height
IndicationsThis device is indicated for post-injury or post-operative application to grade 1, 2, or 3 ankle sprains, and stable or internally fixed fractures of the foot or ankle. Also indicated for stable or internally fixed fractures of the middle to distal tibia or fibula when the optional tibial fracture bracing plate is used.
- Ankle/Foot immobilization
- Post surgery protection
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve ROM function
- Ease of use